Candidates must have strong understanding of complex commercial lease language and basic accounting policies and procedures as it applies to property taxes, property insurance, construction accounting, lease administration/rent rolls, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial reporting/analysis and special projects. He/she must have excellent excel spreadsheet skills, be hands-on and willing to handle a variety of clerical duties, be flexible yet thorough and possess the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently while working productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This is a position that has potential for career growth and responsibility.
- Collaborate with other departments to review, interpret, and abstract leases.
- Enter and maintain leases in MRI software, including all critical dates, lease options, rent and estimate schedules.
- Set up tenants’ cam pools, confirm prepaid rents, security deposits and tenant improvement allowances are recorded.
- Track critical lease related dates for renewals, expirations, rent reviews, co-tenancy, options and other exclusive clauses.
- Work closely with leasing, legal, construction, and property management teams to track and obtain required documentation such as delivery letters, rent commencement notices and permit approval dates.
- Review and reconcile annual operating expense, with a focus on Big Box tenants, generating annual reconciliation statements for CAM, insurance, and property taxes; following through to monitor and maintain full collection.
- Investigate and resolve Big Box tenants’ disputes and audits of reconciliations.
- Identify leakages regarding recoverable expenses per annual reconciliation
- Review and comment on future leases during the LOI process.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Skills traits, capabilities, and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, with full charge bookkeeping and accounting experience.
- 2 Years minimum with commercial real estate lease and MRI software experience. Prefer retail center/multiple tenant experience.
- Excel spreadsheet proficient; extreme competency in spreadsheet work.
- Keyboard and ten-key by touch.
- Excellent spelling and grammar, organized, able to set priorities and meet deadlines, able to multi-task; carefully proofs own work. Must be a team player and able to get along with many personalities as a self-starter. He/she is teachable and willing to learn new systems and processes in an organization that is constantly changing and growing.