Candidates must have basic understanding of accounting policies and procedures as it applies to property taxes, property insurance, construction accounting, lease administration/rent rolls, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial reporting/analysis and special projects. He/she must have excellent excel spreadsheet skills, be hands-on and willing to handle a variety of clerical duties, be flexible yet thorough and possess the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently while working productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This is a position that has potential for career growth and responsibility.
- Property Financials and reporting to owners.
- Work closely with Property Management team in reconciling tenant ledgers and year end recoveries.
- Reading leases, entering new leases, renewal in MRI software. Set up tenants’ cam pools in MRI software.
- Reconciling financials to support documents monthly.
- Prepare annual Budget and Reforecast.
- Help oversee and forecast cash flow through analyzing monthly revenue and expenses.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Update tax spreadsheets for assessment and make sure taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Update fixed asset system for depreciation/amortization.
- Maintain significant confidential information.
Skills traits, capabilities, and experience
- Full charge bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Commercial real estate and MRI software experience. Prefer experience with retail center/multiple tenant accounting.
- Excel spreadsheet proficient; extreme competency in spreadsheet work.
- Keyboard and ten-key by touch.
- Excellent spelling and grammar, organized, able to set priorities and meet deadlines, able to multi-task; carefully proofs own work. Must be a team player and able to get along with many personalities as a self-starter. He/she is teachable and willing to learn new systems and processes in an organization that is constantly changing and growing.
- Hours are 8:30-5:30 with overtime as needed to meet project deadlines.